Monday, March 29, 2010

Five Little Bunnies Hopping on a Hill


I read this to my class last week because it seemed like a good welcome to spring book. My kids were not impressed. It's written in the style of 5 little monkeys jumping on the bed. So, when a line like, "4 little bunnies digging up holes in the hill, one found a mole... mama called the doctor and the doctor said, no more bunnies digging on the hill.." that is roughly what it said. My kids were like uhhh why did the mom call the doctor?? What happened??


Yeah, it didn't make sense. I can't do little kid books where they don't make sense. Isn't happening. My kids kept questioning the book and I questioned why I picked it up to read before I had read it myself.


This would be a book you could skip. Or just read it to kids who won't ask questions. ;) Age range would probably work best 2-4.


What kids book could do you do without?

3 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Well, my nephews tend to each get obsessed about a book and love to have it read to them over and over and over... so I could kind of go without those books. I Feel bad saying that because obviously they enjoy getting it read to them. But if I Never had to read "Danny and the Dinosaur" again, I'd be very, very happy.

Anais said...

So funny! And totally random... I love how even the kids were confused!!

I know my answer is going to get me in trouble, but I find Sesame Street creepy!!! I never watched it when I was a kid though, so that could be why!

Kelly said...

That's funny- I think my kids would probably notice and ask questions too. I have to admit that I do often read them books without reading them closely myself, oops!